When I read the title of Cello Figaro‘s latest single, Red & White Blues (2nd Movement Begins), I was expecting an angry denunciation of the American dream. Well, the Minneapolis-based emcee/producer is mad, all right, but the catalyst for his fury is more personal than political in nature. On the final song release off his forthcoming mixtape (an exclusive world premiere!), Figaro describes his reaction upon seeing his girl with another dude: “I get the blues… I see red, then white—aw, sh*t!” But his romantic frustrations haven’t dampened his ambition in the game. Over his own left-of-center electronic boardwork, he boldly proclaims, “When I’m on top y’all gon’ look like Pompeii / My lifelong goal’s to outdo Kanye.” For this joint, October’s The Loner’s Anthem II and much more, cop Concerto Grosso when it hits the Booth December 6, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.