When I read the title of Cello Figaro‘s latest single, Red & White Blues (2nd Movement Begins), I was expecting an angry denunciation of the American dream. Well, the Minneapolis-based emcee/producer is mad, all right, but the catalyst for his fury is more personal than political in nature. On the final song release off his forthcoming mixtape (an exclusive world premiere!), Figaro describes his reaction upon seeing his girl with another dude: “I get the blues… I see red, then white—aw, sh*t!” But his romantic frustrations haven’t dampened his ambition in the game. Over his own left-of-center electronic boardwork, he boldly proclaims, “When I’m on top y’all gon’ look like Pompeii / My lifelong goal’s to outdo Kanye.” For this joint, October’s The Loner’s Anthem II and much more, cop Concerto Grosso when it hits the Booth December 6, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Meteor Showers (The Next Time the World Ends)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.