For most people, the apocalypse is a terrifying prospect. Booth newcomer Cello Figaro, on the other hand, finds the possibility kind of exciting. On new single Meteor Showers, the Norfolk-born, Minneapolis-based rhymesayer fantasizes about witnessing the Earth’s last days with his girl by his side: “The Next Time the World Ends, I wanna be there front row with my baby, getting’ faded, like we don’t care at all.” Over his and Darius Mines’ majestic synth boardwork, Figaro reflects on the course of his life to date, and expresses his faith in another world beyond this mortal coil. Feeling it? More eclectic beats and thought-provoking bars await on Cellar Door, released last week and purchasable via Bandcamp for just one dollar.
Written by richard on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stood Over Mis" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.