For most people, the apocalypse is a terrifying prospect. Booth newcomer Cello Figaro, on the other hand, finds the possibility kind of exciting. On new single Meteor Showers, the Norfolk-born, Minneapolis-based rhymesayer fantasizes about witnessing the Earth’s last days with his girl by his side: “The Next Time the World Ends, I wanna be there front row with my baby, getting’ faded, like we don’t care at all.” Over his and Darius Mines’ majestic synth boardwork, Figaro reflects on the course of his life to date, and expresses his faith in another world beyond this mortal coil. Feeling it? More eclectic beats and thought-provoking bars await on Cellar Door, released last week and purchasable via Bandcamp for just one dollar.
Written by richard on 01/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Stood Over Mis" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.