To paraphrase Jay-Z, money may not lie, but both women andmen do. Of course, for a dude like Celeb Forever, the untruths that come from the ladies hurt the most – thus, as he inform us on new mixtape single I Don’t Believe You, he prefers to keep females at arm’s length. When they’re not in his bedroom, anyway. Infamous handles production duties, cooking up a spacey arpeggiated-synth instrumental (complete with a Chipmunk-sampled hook) as the Cleveland/NY repper wittily elucidates his laissez-faire romantic philosophy“I don’t get offended when they get with their exes, since they need someone to hold ‘em and I never been a Texas man.” Joining Celeb on the back are two Booth faves (and freestyle series alumni); ATL buzzmaker Donnis grabs the mic on the middle (taking the crown for “Most Unsexy, Yet Hilarious Come-on” with “Take it all off / TSA, this the airport”) and Kansas City phenom XV shines like “Edward on Twilight” on the back. Like what you’re hearing? Then don’t miss the rest of the freshness Celeb Forever’s set to display on his Gangsta Grillz mixtape, Lights, set to drop June 6.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate 2 See [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.