To paraphrase Jay-Z, money may not lie, but both women andmen do. Of course, for a dude like Celeb Forever, the untruths that come from the ladies hurt the most – thus, as he inform us on new mixtape single I Don’t Believe You, he prefers to keep females at arm’s length. When they’re not in his bedroom, anyway. Infamous handles production duties, cooking up a spacey arpeggiated-synth instrumental (complete with a Chipmunk-sampled hook) as the Cleveland/NY repper wittily elucidates his laissez-faire romantic philosophy“I don’t get offended when they get with their exes, since they need someone to hold ‘em and I never been a Texas man.” Joining Celeb on the back are two Booth faves (and freestyle series alumni); ATL buzzmaker Donnis grabs the mic on the middle (taking the crown for “Most Unsexy, Yet Hilarious Come-on” with “Take it all off / TSA, this the airport”) and Kansas City phenom XV shines like “Edward on Twilight” on the back. Like what you’re hearing? Then don’t miss the rest of the freshness Celeb Forever’s set to display on his Gangsta Grillz mixtape, Lights, set to drop June 6.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate 2 See [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)