To paraphrase Jay-Z, money may not lie, but both women andmen do. Of course, for a dude like Celeb Forever, the untruths that come from the ladies hurt the most – thus, as he inform us on new mixtape single I Don’t Believe You, he prefers to keep females at arm’s length. When they’re not in his bedroom, anyway. Infamous handles production duties, cooking up a spacey arpeggiated-synth instrumental (complete with a Chipmunk-sampled hook) as the Cleveland/NY repper wittily elucidates his laissez-faire romantic philosophy“I don’t get offended when they get with their exes, since they need someone to hold ‘em and I never been a Texas man.” Joining Celeb on the back are two Booth faves (and freestyle series alumni); ATL buzzmaker Donnis grabs the mic on the middle (taking the crown for “Most Unsexy, Yet Hilarious Come-on” with “Take it all off / TSA, this the airport”) and Kansas City phenom XV shines like “Edward on Twilight” on the back. Like what you’re hearing? Then don’t miss the rest of the freshness Celeb Forever’s set to display on his Gangsta Grillz mixtape, Lights, set to drop June 6.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate 2 See [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.