If I could have one wish (shout out to Ray J), I’d ask for a powder blue ’65 Chevy Malibu with Rosa Acosta riding shotgun. But if I could have two wishes, I’d also ask for Cee-Lo Green to start rapping again. Since it looks like neither of those wishes are going to come true, I guess I’ll just have to be happy with beautiful music like Lo’s new single Old Fashioned. True to its name, Old Fashioned takes a page out of the Raphael Saadiq playbook and reaches back to some truly classic soul sounds, giving the Gnarls Barkley founder a string-laced, slowly walking beat to croon over, complete with back-up vocals from the Lo-Ettes. (Ok, I made that up, but it should definitely be the name of Cee-Lo’s back-up singers.) As much as I want to hear some rap, I can’t front, the man can sing an absolutely gorgeous song. Damnit. To capitalize on the surprise success of Green’s previous single, F**k You, his upcoming album The Lady Killer has been pushed up from December to November 9. Ladies, consider yourselves warned.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.