If I could have one wish (shout out to Ray J), I’d ask for a powder blue ’65 Chevy Malibu with Rosa Acosta riding shotgun. But if I could have two wishes, I’d also ask for Cee-Lo Green to start rapping again. Since it looks like neither of those wishes are going to come true, I guess I’ll just have to be happy with beautiful music like Lo’s new single Old Fashioned. True to its name, Old Fashioned takes a page out of the Raphael Saadiq playbook and reaches back to some truly classic soul sounds, giving the Gnarls Barkley founder a string-laced, slowly walking beat to croon over, complete with back-up vocals from the Lo-Ettes. (Ok, I made that up, but it should definitely be the name of Cee-Lo’s back-up singers.) As much as I want to hear some rap, I can’t front, the man can sing an absolutely gorgeous song. Damnit. To capitalize on the surprise success of Green’s previous single, F**k You, his upcoming album The Lady Killer has been pushed up from December to November 9. Ladies, consider yourselves warned.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.