If I could have one wish (shout out to Ray J), I’d ask for a powder blue ’65 Chevy Malibu with Rosa Acosta riding shotgun. But if I could have two wishes, I’d also ask for Cee-Lo Green to start rapping again. Since it looks like neither of those wishes are going to come true, I guess I’ll just have to be happy with beautiful music like Lo’s new single Old Fashioned. True to its name, Old Fashioned takes a page out of the Raphael Saadiq playbook and reaches back to some truly classic soul sounds, giving the Gnarls Barkley founder a string-laced, slowly walking beat to croon over, complete with back-up vocals from the Lo-Ettes. (Ok, I made that up, but it should definitely be the name of Cee-Lo’s back-up singers.) As much as I want to hear some rap, I can’t front, the man can sing an absolutely gorgeous song. Damnit. To capitalize on the surprise success of Green’s previous single, F**k You, his upcoming album The Lady Killer has been pushed up from December to November 9. Ladies, consider yourselves warned.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.