If you take nothing else away from Cee-Lo‘s music, bear in mind that the man goes hard in the paint in just about everything he does. When he was scorned, we got F*ck You, which became an anthem for unrequited love and embittered exes everywhere. The wounds have since healed and now he’s swooning hard with his heart on his sleeve in his latest single Fool For You. If producer Jack Splash was trying to make it sound like ‘Lo went back in time and recorded a song with Earth, Wind & Fire then he succeeded. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear EW&F front man Philip Bailey’s distinct falsetto vocals backing him up, bringing the whole sound full circle. As if that weren’t enough, R&B chanteuse Melanie Fiona hops on board with a sultry verse to express her equally swoon-worthy sentiments. This song has been criminally overlooked on the album. While F*ck You is a great song, it often requires a time and a place. Fool For You is everyday music that just makes you feel good whenever you listen to it.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.