If you take nothing else away from Cee-Lo‘s music, bear in mind that the man goes hard in the paint in just about everything he does. When he was scorned, we got F*ck You, which became an anthem for unrequited love and embittered exes everywhere. The wounds have since healed and now he’s swooning hard with his heart on his sleeve in his latest single Fool For You. If producer Jack Splash was trying to make it sound like ‘Lo went back in time and recorded a song with Earth, Wind & Fire then he succeeded. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear EW&F front man Philip Bailey’s distinct falsetto vocals backing him up, bringing the whole sound full circle. As if that weren’t enough, R&B chanteuse Melanie Fiona hops on board with a sultry verse to express her equally swoon-worthy sentiments. This song has been criminally overlooked on the album. While F*ck You is a great song, it often requires a time and a place. Fool For You is everyday music that just makes you feel good whenever you listen to it.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.