If you take nothing else away from Cee-Lo‘s music, bear in mind that the man goes hard in the paint in just about everything he does. When he was scorned, we got F*ck You, which became an anthem for unrequited love and embittered exes everywhere. The wounds have since healed and now he’s swooning hard with his heart on his sleeve in his latest single Fool For You. If producer Jack Splash was trying to make it sound like ‘Lo went back in time and recorded a song with Earth, Wind & Fire then he succeeded. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear EW&F front man Philip Bailey’s distinct falsetto vocals backing him up, bringing the whole sound full circle. As if that weren’t enough, R&B chanteuse Melanie Fiona hops on board with a sultry verse to express her equally swoon-worthy sentiments. This song has been criminally overlooked on the album. While F*ck You is a great song, it often requires a time and a place. Fool For You is everyday music that just makes you feel good whenever you listen to it.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.