If you take nothing else away from Cee-Lo‘s music, bear in mind that the man goes hard in the paint in just about everything he does. When he was scorned, we got F*ck You, which became an anthem for unrequited love and embittered exes everywhere. The wounds have since healed and now he’s swooning hard with his heart on his sleeve in his latest single Fool For You. If producer Jack Splash was trying to make it sound like ‘Lo went back in time and recorded a song with Earth, Wind & Fire then he succeeded. If you listen carefully, you’ll hear EW&F front man Philip Bailey’s distinct falsetto vocals backing him up, bringing the whole sound full circle. As if that weren’t enough, R&B chanteuse Melanie Fiona hops on board with a sultry verse to express her equally swoon-worthy sentiments. This song has been criminally overlooked on the album. While F*ck You is a great song, it often requires a time and a place. Fool For You is everyday music that just makes you feel good whenever you listen to it.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.