Some people, when they’re suffering from a broken heart, have a tendency to express their hurt by saying stupid, vindictive things to or about the person they love. Things like “f**k you,” and “Oh sh*t, she’s a gold-digger.” Cee-Lo Green knows exactly what I’m talking about, judging by the newly-released lead single off his senior solo set. On Only You, premiered Tuesday via Rolling Stone, the R&B heavyweight lets an ex-girl know that is feelings for her haven’t changed, despite his lashing out at her in the past. Elektra/Atlantic labelmate Lauriana Mae plays the woman in question, echoing Green’s romantic longing in her guest verse and chorus, and an uncredited beatsmith provides a lush, pop-soul backdrop for their duet. How about it, readers: is Only You worthy to stand alongside the Cee-Lo’s previous solo hits? Debate away—and keep it locked for the latest on the singer’s unscheduled forthcoming set, Cee Lo Green… Is Everybody’s Brother.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Cee-Lo’s Ethan Lader-directed Only You visual.
Written by richard on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)