Some people, when they’re suffering from a broken heart, have a tendency to express their hurt by saying stupid, vindictive things to or about the person they love. Things like “f**k you,” and “Oh sh*t, she’s a gold-digger.” Cee-Lo Green knows exactly what I’m talking about, judging by the newly-released lead single off his senior solo set. On Only You, premiered Tuesday via Rolling Stone, the R&B heavyweight lets an ex-girl know that is feelings for her haven’t changed, despite his lashing out at her in the past. Elektra/Atlantic labelmate Lauriana Mae plays the woman in question, echoing Green’s romantic longing in her guest verse and chorus, and an uncredited beatsmith provides a lush, pop-soul backdrop for their duet. How about it, readers: is Only You worthy to stand alongside the Cee-Lo’s previous solo hits? Debate away—and keep it locked for the latest on the singer’s unscheduled forthcoming set, Cee Lo Green… Is Everybody’s Brother.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Cee-Lo’s Ethan Lader-directed Only You visual.
Written by richard on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.