Some people, when they’re suffering from a broken heart, have a tendency to express their hurt by saying stupid, vindictive things to or about the person they love. Things like “f**k you,” and “Oh sh*t, she’s a gold-digger.” Cee-Lo Green knows exactly what I’m talking about, judging by the newly-released lead single off his senior solo set. On Only You, premiered Tuesday via Rolling Stone, the R&B heavyweight lets an ex-girl know that is feelings for her haven’t changed, despite his lashing out at her in the past. Elektra/Atlantic labelmate Lauriana Mae plays the woman in question, echoing Green’s romantic longing in her guest verse and chorus, and an uncredited beatsmith provides a lush, pop-soul backdrop for their duet. How about it, readers: is Only You worthy to stand alongside the Cee-Lo’s previous solo hits? Debate away—and keep it locked for the latest on the singer’s unscheduled forthcoming set, Cee Lo Green… Is Everybody’s Brother.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Cee-Lo’s Ethan Lader-directed Only You visual.
Written by richard on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.