If you’ve ever been a jilted lover, a fan of A-Town funk, or just overall enjoyer of the word “f*ck”, Cee-Lo Green’s new song is right up your alley. With Mr. Green’s latest single, F*ck You, comes the most catchy and original middle finger anthem to be released in a minute, thanks in part to The Smeezingtons enjoyably whimsical production (do they ever miss?). While Cee-Lo still manages to avoid rapping here, he comes correct with his signature singing style – see previous effort Georgia - all the while lacing in humorous observations on life after a bad breakup: “I tried to tell my momma but she told me ‘this is one for your dad.” I feel a little bad for saying this, but I can only hope mainstream radio never grabs a hold of this. “Pluck You” just wouldn’t have the same magical ring to it. If you enjoyed listening to the kind of r&b/soul that would give your grandmother a heart attack, be sure to keep a lookout for Cee-Lo and his latest project, Lady Killer, which is still awaiting a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.