If you’ve ever been a jilted lover, a fan of A-Town funk, or just overall enjoyer of the word “f*ck”, Cee-Lo Green’s new song is right up your alley. With Mr. Green’s latest single, F*ck You, comes the most catchy and original middle finger anthem to be released in a minute, thanks in part to The Smeezingtons enjoyably whimsical production (do they ever miss?). While Cee-Lo still manages to avoid rapping here, he comes correct with his signature singing style – see previous effort Georgia - all the while lacing in humorous observations on life after a bad breakup: “I tried to tell my momma but she told me ‘this is one for your dad.” I feel a little bad for saying this, but I can only hope mainstream radio never grabs a hold of this. “Pluck You” just wouldn’t have the same magical ring to it. If you enjoyed listening to the kind of r&b/soul that would give your grandmother a heart attack, be sure to keep a lookout for Cee-Lo and his latest project, Lady Killer, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 08/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.