If you’ve ever been a jilted lover, a fan of A-Town funk, or just overall enjoyer of the word “f*ck”, Cee-Lo Green’s new song is right up your alley. With Mr. Green’s latest single, F*ck You, comes the most catchy and original middle finger anthem to be released in a minute, thanks in part to The Smeezingtons enjoyably whimsical production (do they ever miss?). While Cee-Lo still manages to avoid rapping here, he comes correct with his signature singing style – see previous effort Georgia - all the while lacing in humorous observations on life after a bad breakup: “I tried to tell my momma but she told me ‘this is one for your dad.” I feel a little bad for saying this, but I can only hope mainstream radio never grabs a hold of this. “Pluck You” just wouldn’t have the same magical ring to it. If you enjoyed listening to the kind of r&b/soul that would give your grandmother a heart attack, be sure to keep a lookout for Cee-Lo and his latest project, Lady Killer, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 08/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.