If you’ve ever been a jilted lover, a fan of A-Town funk, or just overall enjoyer of the word “f*ck”, Cee-Lo Green’s new song is right up your alley. With Mr. Green’s latest single, F*ck You, comes the most catchy and original middle finger anthem to be released in a minute, thanks in part to The Smeezingtons enjoyably whimsical production (do they ever miss?). While Cee-Lo still manages to avoid rapping here, he comes correct with his signature singing style – see previous effort Georgia - all the while lacing in humorous observations on life after a bad breakup: “I tried to tell my momma but she told me ‘this is one for your dad.” I feel a little bad for saying this, but I can only hope mainstream radio never grabs a hold of this. “Pluck You” just wouldn’t have the same magical ring to it. If you enjoyed listening to the kind of r&b/soul that would give your grandmother a heart attack, be sure to keep a lookout for Cee-Lo and his latest project, Lady Killer, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Sigurd on 08/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)