Cee-Lo Green just doesn’t quit, does he? Not satisfied with conquering the rap and soul games, the Goodie Mob alum-turned F*ck You hitmaker has found a new mission: to bring peace and harmony to the entire human race. A tall order? Damn straight. But Bridges, a Lady Killer outtake repurposed as the B-Side to new single/EP It’s OK is a promising start. Superproducers The Neptunes work their magic behind the boards, serving up psychedelically spacey blend of vintage-soul guitar riffs, synth-bass and near-whispered backing vocals as Cee-Lo outlines his plan for global unity: “I wanna be the bridge between every sister and brother, father and mother, friend and lover, black, white and other.” Of course, he can’t do it all by himself—we’re all gonna have to roll up our sleeves and get to work, uh, building bridges out of him. Metaphorically speaking. Anyway, if Bridges gives you hope for the human race (or just gets your head nodding), you can expect plenty more freshness on Cee-Lo Green’s digital-only It’s OK EP, available now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)