Cee-Lo Green just doesn’t quit, does he? Not satisfied with conquering the rap and soul games, the Goodie Mob alum-turned F*ck You hitmaker has found a new mission: to bring peace and harmony to the entire human race. A tall order? Damn straight. But Bridges, a Lady Killer outtake repurposed as the B-Side to new single/EP It’s OK is a promising start. Superproducers The Neptunes work their magic behind the boards, serving up psychedelically spacey blend of vintage-soul guitar riffs, synth-bass and near-whispered backing vocals as Cee-Lo outlines his plan for global unity: “I wanna be the bridge between every sister and brother, father and mother, friend and lover, black, white and other.” Of course, he can’t do it all by himself—we’re all gonna have to roll up our sleeves and get to work, uh, building bridges out of him. Metaphorically speaking. Anyway, if Bridges gives you hope for the human race (or just gets your head nodding), you can expect plenty more freshness on Cee-Lo Green’s digital-only It’s OK EP, available now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.