Cee-Lo Green just doesn’t quit, does he? Not satisfied with conquering the rap and soul games, the Goodie Mob alum-turned F*ck You hitmaker has found a new mission: to bring peace and harmony to the entire human race. A tall order? Damn straight. But Bridges, a Lady Killer outtake repurposed as the B-Side to new single/EP It’s OK is a promising start. Superproducers The Neptunes work their magic behind the boards, serving up psychedelically spacey blend of vintage-soul guitar riffs, synth-bass and near-whispered backing vocals as Cee-Lo outlines his plan for global unity: “I wanna be the bridge between every sister and brother, father and mother, friend and lover, black, white and other.” Of course, he can’t do it all by himself—we’re all gonna have to roll up our sleeves and get to work, uh, building bridges out of him. Metaphorically speaking. Anyway, if Bridges gives you hope for the human race (or just gets your head nodding), you can expect plenty more freshness on Cee-Lo Green’s digital-only It’s OK EP, available now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)