Cee-Lo Green just doesn’t quit, does he? Not satisfied with conquering the rap and soul games, the Goodie Mob alum-turned F*ck You hitmaker has found a new mission: to bring peace and harmony to the entire human race. A tall order? Damn straight. But Bridges, a Lady Killer outtake repurposed as the B-Side to new single/EP It’s OK is a promising start. Superproducers The Neptunes work their magic behind the boards, serving up psychedelically spacey blend of vintage-soul guitar riffs, synth-bass and near-whispered backing vocals as Cee-Lo outlines his plan for global unity: “I wanna be the bridge between every sister and brother, father and mother, friend and lover, black, white and other.” Of course, he can’t do it all by himself—we’re all gonna have to roll up our sleeves and get to work, uh, building bridges out of him. Metaphorically speaking. Anyway, if Bridges gives you hope for the human race (or just gets your head nodding), you can expect plenty more freshness on Cee-Lo Green’s digital-only It’s OK EP, available now via iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.