Cee-Lo Green just doesn’t quit, does he? Not satisfied with conquering the rap and soul games, the Goodie Mob alum-turned F*ck You hitmaker has found a new mission: to bring peace and harmony to the entire human race. A tall order? Damn straight. But Bridges, a Lady Killer outtake repurposed as the B-Side to new single/EP It’s OK is a promising start. Superproducers The Neptunes work their magic behind the boards, serving up psychedelically spacey blend of vintage-soul guitar riffs, synth-bass and near-whispered backing vocals as Cee-Lo outlines his plan for global unity: “I wanna be the bridge between every sister and brother, father and mother, friend and lover, black, white and other.” Of course, he can’t do it all by himself—we’re all gonna have to roll up our sleeves and get to work, uh, building bridges out of him. Metaphorically speaking. Anyway, if Bridges gives you hope for the human race (or just gets your head nodding), you can expect plenty more freshness on Cee-Lo Green’s digital-only It’s OK EP, available now via iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.