Oh, you didn’t hear about the Platinum Edition of Cee-Lo Green‘s smash-hit junior set, released earlier this month? That’s…. actually not much of surprise, considering it received next to no promotion and is currently available only on iTunes, in the UK. Despite what its stealthy release might suggest, though, it does feature some primo new records—foremost among them new single Anyway. If a mad scientist were to flip F*ck You into its thematic opposite while keeping the energy and the addictive, repeated-vocal-hook structure, and then transport it forward in time from 1968 to 1978, the result would sound a little like this disco-infused banger, which finds producers Wallpaper and Daniel Ledinsky serving up an exhilarating four-on-the-floor groove as Green pays tribute to a woman who puts up with his stinginess, his tendency to come home late, and his numerous other inconsiderate behaviors. Complete with a falsetto hook straight out of a Bee Gees classic, this high-energy jam is sure to leave fans stateside clamoring for the rest of the new material on Cee-Lo’s The Lady Killer re-release. Hopefully, it’ll grace U.S. retailers sooner than later.
Written by richard on 12/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)