Oh, you didn’t hear about the Platinum Edition of Cee-Lo Green‘s smash-hit junior set, released earlier this month? That’s…. actually not much of surprise, considering it received next to no promotion and is currently available only on iTunes, in the UK. Despite what its stealthy release might suggest, though, it does feature some primo new records—foremost among them new single Anyway. If a mad scientist were to flip F*ck You into its thematic opposite while keeping the energy and the addictive, repeated-vocal-hook structure, and then transport it forward in time from 1968 to 1978, the result would sound a little like this disco-infused banger, which finds producers Wallpaper and Daniel Ledinsky serving up an exhilarating four-on-the-floor groove as Green pays tribute to a woman who puts up with his stinginess, his tendency to come home late, and his numerous other inconsiderate behaviors. Complete with a falsetto hook straight out of a Bee Gees classic, this high-energy jam is sure to leave fans stateside clamoring for the rest of the new material on Cee-Lo’s The Lady Killer re-release. Hopefully, it’ll grace U.S. retailers sooner than later.
Written by richard on 12/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everything I Love ft. Nas & Cee-Lo" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)