Cee‘s next album is slated to drop on Tuesday, April 10, via The Movement Fam, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the set the preceding Monday, when we host an exclusive listening session. Since the Melbourne spitter hasn’t previously been featured on our pages, you may be wondering exactly how excited that news should make you. The answer is “very,” but don’t take my word for it—hit play on project standout Do Ya Hear Me? and find out for yourself. An exclusive world premiere, this joint is a tunefully laid-back rumination on the quest for success in the hip-hop game. In a confident, conversational flow, Cee assures us that he’s only just begun to tap into his true potential. Whereas the headliner’s bars are all about forward momentum, Golden Era signee Chaundon gets nostalgic on verse two, reminiscing, “When I was young I used to roam with a backpack / Book full of rhymes and ambition and no one could match that.” Styalz Fuego produces the jam’s soul-sampled beat, and R&B songstress Bekah ties the package together with a breezy guest chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to logon in April 9, for the first look at indie full-length This Is All I Know.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.