Cee‘s next album is slated to drop on Tuesday, April 10, via The Movement Fam, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the set the preceding Monday, when we host an exclusive listening session. Since the Melbourne spitter hasn’t previously been featured on our pages, you may be wondering exactly how excited that news should make you. The answer is “very,” but don’t take my word for it—hit play on project standout Do Ya Hear Me? and find out for yourself. An exclusive world premiere, this joint is a tunefully laid-back rumination on the quest for success in the hip-hop game. In a confident, conversational flow, Cee assures us that he’s only just begun to tap into his true potential. Whereas the headliner’s bars are all about forward momentum, Golden Era signee Chaundon gets nostalgic on verse two, reminiscing, “When I was young I used to roam with a backpack / Book full of rhymes and ambition and no one could match that.” Styalz Fuego produces the jam’s soul-sampled beat, and R&B songstress Bekah ties the package together with a breezy guest chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to logon in April 9, for the first look at indie full-length This Is All I Know.
Written by richard on 03/31/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.