When someone with little talent and less ambition tries his hand at rapping just because it fits with his self-image, the result can be as ridiculous a dog wearing human clothes. To hip-hop heads who’ve been around the block, anyway—there’s no telling what the public might lap up. On the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next street album, Ced Hughes introduces listeners to Wolfie Benjamin the 3rd, a minor thug and hapless wannabe emcee who also happens to be a member of the canine family. CalRipkin mans the mixing boards, flipping a smooth, funky sample as the Virginia Beach rhymesayer chronicles the adventures, and misadventures of the title character. Feeling this quirky narrative jam? You’ll be able to find Wolfie, the previously-featured For the Gold and much more on Ced’s Forever Never LP, scheduled for release November 7, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.