When someone with little talent and less ambition tries his hand at rapping just because it fits with his self-image, the result can be as ridiculous a dog wearing human clothes. To hip-hop heads who’ve been around the block, anyway—there’s no telling what the public might lap up. On the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next street album, Ced Hughes introduces listeners to Wolfie Benjamin the 3rd, a minor thug and hapless wannabe emcee who also happens to be a member of the canine family. CalRipkin mans the mixing boards, flipping a smooth, funky sample as the Virginia Beach rhymesayer chronicles the adventures, and misadventures of the title character. Feeling this quirky narrative jam? You’ll be able to find Wolfie, the previously-featured For the Gold and much more on Ced’s Forever Never LP, scheduled for release November 7, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.