When someone with little talent and less ambition tries his hand at rapping just because it fits with his self-image, the result can be as ridiculous a dog wearing human clothes. To hip-hop heads who’ve been around the block, anyway—there’s no telling what the public might lap up. On the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next street album, Ced Hughes introduces listeners to Wolfie Benjamin the 3rd, a minor thug and hapless wannabe emcee who also happens to be a member of the canine family. CalRipkin mans the mixing boards, flipping a smooth, funky sample as the Virginia Beach rhymesayer chronicles the adventures, and misadventures of the title character. Feeling this quirky narrative jam? You’ll be able to find Wolfie, the previously-featured For the Gold and much more on Ced’s Forever Never LP, scheduled for release November 7, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.