When someone with little talent and less ambition tries his hand at rapping just because it fits with his self-image, the result can be as ridiculous a dog wearing human clothes. To hip-hop heads who’ve been around the block, anyway—there’s no telling what the public might lap up. On the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next street album, Ced Hughes introduces listeners to Wolfie Benjamin the 3rd, a minor thug and hapless wannabe emcee who also happens to be a member of the canine family. CalRipkin mans the mixing boards, flipping a smooth, funky sample as the Virginia Beach rhymesayer chronicles the adventures, and misadventures of the title character. Feeling this quirky narrative jam? You’ll be able to find Wolfie, the previously-featured For the Gold and much more on Ced’s Forever Never LP, scheduled for release November 7, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.