When someone with little talent and less ambition tries his hand at rapping just because it fits with his self-image, the result can be as ridiculous a dog wearing human clothes. To hip-hop heads who’ve been around the block, anyway—there’s no telling what the public might lap up. On the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere off his next street album, Ced Hughes introduces listeners to Wolfie Benjamin the 3rd, a minor thug and hapless wannabe emcee who also happens to be a member of the canine family. CalRipkin mans the mixing boards, flipping a smooth, funky sample as the Virginia Beach rhymesayer chronicles the adventures, and misadventures of the title character. Feeling this quirky narrative jam? You’ll be able to find Wolfie, the previously-featured For the Gold and much more on Ced’s Forever Never LP, scheduled for release November 7, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)