Always adventurous rhymer Ced Hughes has been on a roller coaster ride with DJBooth Nation lately. First he dropped Shoot Down the Stars to nearly unanimously positive reviews, followed by our users frankly giving a collective shrug to Youth Blood, followed again by an avaerage four-star rating of Lights! As always, you’ll have the final word, but I have to assume that Top Priority, making its worldwide premiere right here, right now, will end up on the high end of the rating spectrum. On the production tip Gabe Niles grabs a Mos Def sample from Mos’ Priority to form the foundation of the accordion (I think) laden beat. With eclectic production like that to work over it was only right that Hughes and guest emcee Che Grand deliver some one-in-a-million rhymes, promising listeners that they’ll never compromise their lyrics to match a dulled and deaf mainstream. Fans will make it a Top Priority to download Hughes’ long-awaited album, One Day We’ll Wake Up, the minute it hits DJBooth’s homepage next week. In the meantime, get to work on the comments and rating below people.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.