8-bit music is no stranger to hip-hop, and neither is dubstep. DMV artist Ced Hughes has taken the sounds and swagger of both styles and applied them to his self-produced The Sh*t, the final leak from his DJBooth-hosted project One Day We’ll Wake Up, which drops tomorrow (Wednesday). With a chopped and screwed chorus of “I’m the sh*t b*tch” and several references to fecal matter, there can be no doubt about the Freestyle alum‘s self-confidence. The beat itself flows just as well at Hughes raps over it, with a fantastic “Easter egg” at the end of the song in the form of a beat change. Also, if you listen very closely it sounds like he’s sampled M.O.P.’s Oh! At times, the coherence of the subject matter isn’t 100% congruent, but when swagging out, as long as it sounds cool, that’s all that matters.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.