8-bit music is no stranger to hip-hop, and neither is dubstep. DMV artist Ced Hughes has taken the sounds and swagger of both styles and applied them to his self-produced The Sh*t, the final leak from his DJBooth-hosted project One Day We’ll Wake Up, which drops tomorrow (Wednesday). With a chopped and screwed chorus of “I’m the sh*t b*tch” and several references to fecal matter, there can be no doubt about the Freestyle alum‘s self-confidence. The beat itself flows just as well at Hughes raps over it, with a fantastic “Easter egg” at the end of the song in the form of a beat change. Also, if you listen very closely it sounds like he’s sampled M.O.P.’s Oh! At times, the coherence of the subject matter isn’t 100% congruent, but when swagging out, as long as it sounds cool, that’s all that matters.
Written by JC Poppe on 07/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.