Forget the terrestrial rap game – Ced Hughes is more interested in conquering the sky. It seems that UP! High and How to Hang were just reconnaissance for his latest altitude-themed jam, on which he reveals his dastardly plot to Shoot Down the Stars. “But wait,” you ask, “wouldn’t we all grow old and die in the time it would take for bullets from Earth to reach a distant star?” Perhaps, but… hey, look over there! Anyway, Picnictyme handles production duties, serving up an off-kilter spread of synth squelches and bouncing percussion as the man who brought us exclusive freestyle Master Splinter details his “balls-to-the-wall” hustle in verses more down-to-earth than the record’s title would suggest. His modest ambition? Simply to pay his rent and, if possible, to pass a little wealth along to his family: “I just want a little something so my kids’ kids can ball, and my niece can go to college without paying loans off.” If this joint leaves you starstruck, keep it locked – Hughes’ One Day We’ll Wake Up EP has yet to receive a release date, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 10/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.