Despite his illustrious career in college ball, his stint in the NBA and his current position as assistant coach for the Brooklyn Nets, Ronald Jerome “Popeye” Jones seems to get as much attention for his unusual looks as for his achievements. (To be fair, the nickname didn’t do him any favors.) On freshly-released mixtape standout Popeye Jones, Jr., Ced Hughes continues that trend, using the retired baller to illustrate just how ugly sh*t is liable to get when he’s in the room. Feel Dat emcee and fellow Virginian Artel Carter guests on this braggadocious banger, joining Hughes over the smooth sample work of project collaborator CalRipkin. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the Forever Never LP, available exclusively in the Booth for free streaming and digital download.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Underground emcee Ced Hughes and beatsmith Calripkin have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their brand new collaborative street album, Forever Never. The project features 10 original records from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.