Despite his illustrious career in college ball, his stint in the NBA and his current position as assistant coach for the Brooklyn Nets, Ronald Jerome “Popeye” Jones seems to get as much attention for his unusual looks as for his achievements. (To be fair, the nickname didn’t do him any favors.) On freshly-released mixtape standout Popeye Jones, Jr., Ced Hughes continues that trend, using the retired baller to illustrate just how ugly sh*t is liable to get when he’s in the room. Feel Dat emcee and fellow Virginian Artel Carter guests on this braggadocious banger, joining Hughes over the smooth sample work of project collaborator CalRipkin. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on the Forever Never LP, available exclusively in the Booth for free streaming and digital download.
Written by richard on 11/15/12
Underground emcee Ced Hughes and beatsmith Calripkin have come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners their brand new collaborative street album, Forever Never. The project features 10 original records from the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.