Back in July, exclusive freestyle alum Ced Hughes stepped into the Booth with UP! High, an experimental cut which got the thumbs-up from many readers, but gave others an acute case of musical vertigo. Those who found the high altitudes a little dizzying should appreciate the Virginia Beach native’s latest feature, which finds him hooking up with a fellow underground up-and-comer to teach us all “How to Hang like spiders on gliders.” This time around, it’s Hughes himself who handles production duties, crafting a relatively chilled-out, synth backdrop for verses packed with vivid imagery and cultural allusions. (He even manages to work in a reference to the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus – nice one.). Rhode Island mainstay and boat shoe magnate Theo Martins steps up to the mic to chronicle his progress towards stardom on the middle verse: “Empty shows last year, now they’re overcrowded / lookin’ like my hard work got the majors scoutin’.” Here’s hoping! Ced Hughes latest project has yet to receive a title or solid release date, but rest assured, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.