Back in July, exclusive freestyle alum Ced Hughes stepped into the Booth with UP! High, an experimental cut which got the thumbs-up from many readers, but gave others an acute case of musical vertigo. Those who found the high altitudes a little dizzying should appreciate the Virginia Beach native’s latest feature, which finds him hooking up with a fellow underground up-and-comer to teach us all “How to Hang like spiders on gliders.” This time around, it’s Hughes himself who handles production duties, crafting a relatively chilled-out, synth backdrop for verses packed with vivid imagery and cultural allusions. (He even manages to work in a reference to the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus – nice one.). Rhode Island mainstay and boat shoe magnate Theo Martins steps up to the mic to chronicle his progress towards stardom on the middle verse: “Empty shows last year, now they’re overcrowded / lookin’ like my hard work got the majors scoutin’.” Here’s hoping! Ced Hughes latest project has yet to receive a title or solid release date, but rest assured, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.