Back in July, exclusive freestyle alum Ced Hughes stepped into the Booth with UP! High, an experimental cut which got the thumbs-up from many readers, but gave others an acute case of musical vertigo. Those who found the high altitudes a little dizzying should appreciate the Virginia Beach native’s latest feature, which finds him hooking up with a fellow underground up-and-comer to teach us all “How to Hang like spiders on gliders.” This time around, it’s Hughes himself who handles production duties, crafting a relatively chilled-out, synth backdrop for verses packed with vivid imagery and cultural allusions. (He even manages to work in a reference to the Greek myth of Icarus and Daedalus – nice one.). Rhode Island mainstay and boat shoe magnate Theo Martins steps up to the mic to chronicle his progress towards stardom on the middle verse: “Empty shows last year, now they’re overcrowded / lookin’ like my hard work got the majors scoutin’.” Here’s hoping! Ced Hughes latest project has yet to receive a title or solid release date, but rest assured, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.