Most artists are doing their best to be the Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt of the rap game. You know, loaded down with so much gold they can barely stand. Enter Ced Hughes with For The Gold, a DJBooth world premiere that dares to ask the question, “what’s wrong with going for the gold?” Produced by CalRipkin out of Bad News, VA, For The Gold is a smooth and melodious effort to which Ced lends his golden rhymes, even taking a stab at harmonizing on a chorus that we can sing along to. Looking for more from the duo? You’re in luck. Ced and CalRipken have teamed up on Ced’s Forever Never album, due out in late October and available for download via The DJBooth. So will you settle for silver, or make the attempt For The Gold?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.