Most artists are doing their best to be the Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt of the rap game. You know, loaded down with so much gold they can barely stand. Enter Ced Hughes with For The Gold, a DJBooth world premiere that dares to ask the question, “what’s wrong with going for the gold?” Produced by CalRipkin out of Bad News, VA, For The Gold is a smooth and melodious effort to which Ced lends his golden rhymes, even taking a stab at harmonizing on a chorus that we can sing along to. Looking for more from the duo? You’re in luck. Ced and CalRipken have teamed up on Ced’s Forever Never album, due out in late October and available for download via The DJBooth. So will you settle for silver, or make the attempt For The Gold?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.