Most artists are doing their best to be the Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt of the rap game. You know, loaded down with so much gold they can barely stand. Enter Ced Hughes with For The Gold, a DJBooth world premiere that dares to ask the question, “what’s wrong with going for the gold?” Produced by CalRipkin out of Bad News, VA, For The Gold is a smooth and melodious effort to which Ced lends his golden rhymes, even taking a stab at harmonizing on a chorus that we can sing along to. Looking for more from the duo? You’re in luck. Ced and CalRipken have teamed up on Ced’s Forever Never album, due out in late October and available for download via The DJBooth. So will you settle for silver, or make the attempt For The Gold?
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It Is What It Is ft. Ced Hughes" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.