Previously featured as one-third of Big Apple crew THEBLKHANDS, Cazzie Jetson makes his first foray into the solo DJBooth spotlight with freshly-minted promotional single and LP inclusion $EMINOLE. Here, beatsmith THC flips an oft-sampled line from 2 Live Crew’s I Wanna Rock (Doo Doo Brown) (“Don’t stop, get it, get it!”) into a rallying cry for the emcee’s hustle. Accompanied by the aforementioned producer’s hazy samples, down-tempo percussion and chopped-n-screwed vocal snippets, Jetson emphasizes his determination to conquer the rap game in straightforward, yet engaging verses. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to get better-acquainted with Cazzie Jetson this September, when he liberates his solo debut album, ACHILLES.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.