Previously featured as one-third of Big Apple crew THEBLKHANDS, Cazzie Jetson makes his first foray into the solo DJBooth spotlight with freshly-minted promotional single and LP inclusion $EMINOLE. Here, beatsmith THC flips an oft-sampled line from 2 Live Crew’s I Wanna Rock (Doo Doo Brown) (“Don’t stop, get it, get it!”) into a rallying cry for the emcee’s hustle. Accompanied by the aforementioned producer’s hazy samples, down-tempo percussion and chopped-n-screwed vocal snippets, Jetson emphasizes his determination to conquer the rap game in straightforward, yet engaging verses. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to get better-acquainted with Cazzie Jetson this September, when he liberates his solo debut album, ACHILLES.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.