When Cawlsted‘s girl dials him on the phone and it goes straight to voicemail, she’s quick to jump to the conclusion he’s chatting up other women. That couldn’t be further from the truth; in reality, the DMV representative’s busy been chasing paper, the better to provide for her. On freshly-minted mixtape standout Can’t Call It, the artist takes the opportunity to clear his name, assuring the lady in question that his relentless hustle leaves little time for creeping on the down-low. Craving more? You’re in luck; Cawl’s latest project, Watch the Bleachers, is available for free, full streaming via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)