When Cawlsted‘s girl dials him on the phone and it goes straight to voicemail, she’s quick to jump to the conclusion he’s chatting up other women. That couldn’t be further from the truth; in reality, the DMV representative’s busy been chasing paper, the better to provide for her. On freshly-minted mixtape standout Can’t Call It, the artist takes the opportunity to clear his name, assuring the lady in question that his relentless hustle leaves little time for creeping on the down-low. Craving more? You’re in luck; Cawl’s latest project, Watch the Bleachers, is available for free, full streaming via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.