When Cawlsted‘s girl dials him on the phone and it goes straight to voicemail, she’s quick to jump to the conclusion he’s chatting up other women. That couldn’t be further from the truth; in reality, the DMV representative’s busy been chasing paper, the better to provide for her. On freshly-minted mixtape standout Can’t Call It, the artist takes the opportunity to clear his name, assuring the lady in question that his relentless hustle leaves little time for creeping on the down-low. Craving more? You’re in luck; Cawl’s latest project, Watch the Bleachers, is available for free, full streaming via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.