Though ‘09’s autumnal equinox came and went a little over three weeks ago and the air’s slowly but surely getting chillier (at least up here in Minneapolis), there’s still time to bid warm weather one last farewell. On Summer’s End, the latest official leak off Cause‘s forthcoming I Am Us mixtape, the reader-acclaimed South Bronx lyricist does just that, waxing nostalgic about what he calls “the best times in [his] life.” Cause’s wistful verses, which see him savoring vivid memories of long, lazy days spent chilling with his crew and warm, party-filled nights, are sure to leave Booth readers impressed, as is Sean Divine‘s headphone-worthy beat, which blends resonant piano chords with subtle electronic accents. As if all that weren’t enough, the artist showcases his musical versatility with a mellow, sung hook. Will this be hit number three in the hot streak Cause established with In Too Deep and In a Daze? I can’t see why not. Like the autumn leaves, I Am Us is set to drop this fall – no raking necessary, of course.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.