Though ‘09’s autumnal equinox came and went a little over three weeks ago and the air’s slowly but surely getting chillier (at least up here in Minneapolis), there’s still time to bid warm weather one last farewell. On Summer’s End, the latest official leak off Cause‘s forthcoming I Am Us mixtape, the reader-acclaimed South Bronx lyricist does just that, waxing nostalgic about what he calls “the best times in [his] life.” Cause’s wistful verses, which see him savoring vivid memories of long, lazy days spent chilling with his crew and warm, party-filled nights, are sure to leave Booth readers impressed, as is Sean Divine‘s headphone-worthy beat, which blends resonant piano chords with subtle electronic accents. As if all that weren’t enough, the artist showcases his musical versatility with a mellow, sung hook. Will this be hit number three in the hot streak Cause established with In Too Deep and In a Daze? I can’t see why not. Like the autumn leaves, I Am Us is set to drop this fall – no raking necessary, of course.
Written by richard on 10/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.