Countless up-and-comers have made it their mission to usher hip-hop into a New Golden Era, each approaching that mission from a slightly different angle than the last—some put a premium on socially-aware subject matter, others on engaging flows, and still others on vivid lyricism. If his first Booth feature is any indication, Cause strives to succeed on all three aforementioned fronts, while maintaining a decidedly forward-looking sound. In Too Deep can be considered something of a musical mission statement; over a synth-laced, street-oriented instrumental by Sean Divine, the Bronx up-and-comer showcases his attention-grabbing flow as he spits a potent mix of allusive boasts and power-to-the-people rhetoric, and his ability to keep things entertaining while touching on weighty sociopolitical issues will likely earn this newcomer positive reviews in the Booth. In Too Deep is set for inclusion on a forthcoming project whose title and release date are TBA, but fans can hear more on Cause’s recently-released debut LP, The New Golden Era.
Listen to More: Yonas Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In A Daze" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.