Countless up-and-comers have made it their mission to usher hip-hop into a New Golden Era, each approaching that mission from a slightly different angle than the last—some put a premium on socially-aware subject matter, others on engaging flows, and still others on vivid lyricism. If his first Booth feature is any indication, Cause strives to succeed on all three aforementioned fronts, while maintaining a decidedly forward-looking sound. In Too Deep can be considered something of a musical mission statement; over a synth-laced, street-oriented instrumental by Sean Divine, the Bronx up-and-comer showcases his attention-grabbing flow as he spits a potent mix of allusive boasts and power-to-the-people rhetoric, and his ability to keep things entertaining while touching on weighty sociopolitical issues will likely earn this newcomer positive reviews in the Booth. In Too Deep is set for inclusion on a forthcoming project whose title and release date are TBA, but fans can hear more on Cause’s recently-released debut LP, The New Golden Era.
Written by richard on 06/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In A Daze" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.