Countless up-and-comers have made it their mission to usher hip-hop into a New Golden Era, each approaching that mission from a slightly different angle than the last—some put a premium on socially-aware subject matter, others on engaging flows, and still others on vivid lyricism. If his first Booth feature is any indication, Cause strives to succeed on all three aforementioned fronts, while maintaining a decidedly forward-looking sound. In Too Deep can be considered something of a musical mission statement; over a synth-laced, street-oriented instrumental by Sean Divine, the Bronx up-and-comer showcases his attention-grabbing flow as he spits a potent mix of allusive boasts and power-to-the-people rhetoric, and his ability to keep things entertaining while touching on weighty sociopolitical issues will likely earn this newcomer positive reviews in the Booth. In Too Deep is set for inclusion on a forthcoming project whose title and release date are TBA, but fans can hear more on Cause’s recently-released debut LP, The New Golden Era.
Listen to More: Yonas
Written by richard on 06/15/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In A Daze" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.