Yesterday, when I referred to Muggsy Malone‘s Be Alright as “one of the most successful Booth debuts in recent memory,” there was another name that was right on the tip of my tongue… catalyst? Impetus? Oh, that’s right: Cause! Back in mid-June, the Bronx up-and-comer introduced himself with In Too Deep, a cut that dazzled readers and left the artist seeing stars (4.25, to be exact). Though still In A Daze from his first feature’s massive impact, the rapper’s back to repeat his success with the first leak off his forthcoming mixtape. This time around, Cause spins a piano/string-driven beat by Sean Ross into a dreamy ode to the glitz and glamour of musical success—think Superstar, but lighter on the whole tortured artist/internal conflict thing. Packed with starstruck yet swagger-drenched lyricism, this track seems destined to elicit another figurative meteor shower of rave reviews. For more from this promising up-and-comer, check out his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored I Am Us mixtape, set to hit our front page sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.