Yesterday, when I referred to Muggsy Malone‘s Be Alright as “one of the most successful Booth debuts in recent memory,” there was another name that was right on the tip of my tongue… catalyst? Impetus? Oh, that’s right: Cause! Back in mid-June, the Bronx up-and-comer introduced himself with In Too Deep, a cut that dazzled readers and left the artist seeing stars (4.25, to be exact). Though still In A Daze from his first feature’s massive impact, the rapper’s back to repeat his success with the first leak off his forthcoming mixtape. This time around, Cause spins a piano/string-driven beat by Sean Ross into a dreamy ode to the glitz and glamour of musical success—think Superstar, but lighter on the whole tortured artist/internal conflict thing. Packed with starstruck yet swagger-drenched lyricism, this track seems destined to elicit another figurative meteor shower of rave reviews. For more from this promising up-and-comer, check out his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored I Am Us mixtape, set to hit our front page sometime this fall.
Listen to More: Yonas
Written by richard on 07/28/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.