Yesterday, when I referred to Muggsy Malone‘s Be Alright as “one of the most successful Booth debuts in recent memory,” there was another name that was right on the tip of my tongue… catalyst? Impetus? Oh, that’s right: Cause! Back in mid-June, the Bronx up-and-comer introduced himself with In Too Deep, a cut that dazzled readers and left the artist seeing stars (4.25, to be exact). Though still In A Daze from his first feature’s massive impact, the rapper’s back to repeat his success with the first leak off his forthcoming mixtape. This time around, Cause spins a piano/string-driven beat by Sean Ross into a dreamy ode to the glitz and glamour of musical success—think Superstar, but lighter on the whole tortured artist/internal conflict thing. Packed with starstruck yet swagger-drenched lyricism, this track seems destined to elicit another figurative meteor shower of rave reviews. For more from this promising up-and-comer, check out his forthcoming, DJBooth.net-sponsored I Am Us mixtape, set to hit our front page sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 07/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Too Deep" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)