When it comes to your debut single, there’s no sense in holding back; on the contrary, you’d better completely annihilate the beat. I’m happy to say that, on Gotta Kill This…, Catch Lungz does just that, lacing Food Chain beatsmith Mass Prod‘s synth boardwork with bona fide lyrical fire. He even brings two of his mic-murderingest colleagues along for the ride: Danny Brown and Donny Goines (the latter of whom brought Lungs to the Booth’s attention) contribute guest bars. Watch for Catch Lungs’ debut project, the PNCLA-sponsored Mermaids & Vampires street album, to hit the ‘net in late spring/early summer.
Written by richard on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.