When it comes to your debut single, there’s no sense in holding back; on the contrary, you’d better completely annihilate the beat. I’m happy to say that, on Gotta Kill This…, Catch Lungz does just that, lacing Food Chain beatsmith Mass Prod‘s synth boardwork with bona fide lyrical fire. He even brings two of his mic-murderingest colleagues along for the ride: Danny Brown and Donny Goines (the latter of whom brought Lungs to the Booth’s attention) contribute guest bars. Watch for Catch Lungs’ debut project, the PNCLA-sponsored Mermaids & Vampires street album, to hit the ‘net in late spring/early summer.
Written by richard on 03/1/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.