When sex is on the line, otherwise intelligent people do very stupid things. Why? As CASTLE puts it on a non-album single, “reason ain’t stronger than lust.” Coming on the heels of Booth debut Krillz, Opium (presented here in remixed form) finds the rapper and producer reflecting on his affair with a woman whose steady man wasn’t treating her right. Though she thought of him as a jump-off, he saw her as a project, and was determined to save her from herself—whether or not she wanted saving. Needless to say, it doesn’t end well. Rhymesayers/Soul Position beatsmith Blueprint mans the boards on this version of the record, backing the artist’s narrative bars with an old-school soul sample. You can find the original version of Opium and much more on Castle’s Gasface LP, out today via Mello Music Group. Additionally, watch our pages for details on a forthcoming collaborative project with Has-Lo, details on which are TBA.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.