While technically the Live Action (Has-Lo Remix) is a remix of CASTLE‘s superb cut of the same name, it is actually so much more; calling it a remix doesn’t do it justice. Most producers will just reshape a beat and slap the “remix” tag on it, but not Has-Lo. When you have Mello Music Group‘s name attached to your project, you gotta do it big, so Has-Lo has rebuilt CASTLE’s Gasface album from the ground up, enlisting the artist to re-spit verses and even adding new ones. In this case the word “remix” just doesn’t do the end result justice. CASTLE’s unapologetic, commanding flow sounds custom-made for Has’s crisp beat, which features a subtle, yet effective sample. All in all, it’s the perfect example of how a
remix reproduction can be totally original. This cut is one of many fresh new takes to be found on Has’s Return of the Gasface (The Has-Lo Passages) project, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.