While technically the Live Action (Has-Lo Remix) is a remix of CASTLE‘s superb cut of the same name, it is actually so much more; calling it a remix doesn’t do it justice. Most producers will just reshape a beat and slap the “remix” tag on it, but not Has-Lo. When you have Mello Music Group‘s name attached to your project, you gotta do it big, so Has-Lo has rebuilt CASTLE’s Gasface album from the ground up, enlisting the artist to re-spit verses and even adding new ones. In this case the word “remix” just doesn’t do the end result justice. CASTLE’s unapologetic, commanding flow sounds custom-made for Has’s crisp beat, which features a subtle, yet effective sample. All in all, it’s the perfect example of how a
remix reproduction can be totally original. This cut is one of many fresh new takes to be found on Has’s Return of the Gasface (The Has-Lo Passages) project, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.