While technically the Live Action (Has-Lo Remix) is a remix of CASTLE‘s superb cut of the same name, it is actually so much more; calling it a remix doesn’t do it justice. Most producers will just reshape a beat and slap the “remix” tag on it, but not Has-Lo. When you have Mello Music Group‘s name attached to your project, you gotta do it big, so Has-Lo has rebuilt CASTLE’s Gasface album from the ground up, enlisting the artist to re-spit verses and even adding new ones. In this case the word “remix” just doesn’t do the end result justice. CASTLE’s unapologetic, commanding flow sounds custom-made for Has’s crisp beat, which features a subtle, yet effective sample. All in all, it’s the perfect example of how a
remix reproduction can be totally original. This cut is one of many fresh new takes to be found on Has’s Return of the Gasface (The Has-Lo Passages) project, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.