While technically the Live Action (Has-Lo Remix) is a remix of CASTLE‘s superb cut of the same name, it is actually so much more; calling it a remix doesn’t do it justice. Most producers will just reshape a beat and slap the “remix” tag on it, but not Has-Lo. When you have Mello Music Group‘s name attached to your project, you gotta do it big, so Has-Lo has rebuilt CASTLE’s Gasface album from the ground up, enlisting the artist to re-spit verses and even adding new ones. In this case the word “remix” just doesn’t do the end result justice. CASTLE’s unapologetic, commanding flow sounds custom-made for Has’s crisp beat, which features a subtle, yet effective sample. All in all, it’s the perfect example of how a
remix reproduction can be totally original. This cut is one of many fresh new takes to be found on Has’s Return of the Gasface (The Has-Lo Passages) project, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.