While technically the Live Action (Has-Lo Remix) is a remix of CASTLE‘s superb cut of the same name, it is actually so much more; calling it a remix doesn’t do it justice. Most producers will just reshape a beat and slap the “remix” tag on it, but not Has-Lo. When you have Mello Music Group‘s name attached to your project, you gotta do it big, so Has-Lo has rebuilt CASTLE’s Gasface album from the ground up, enlisting the artist to re-spit verses and even adding new ones. In this case the word “remix” just doesn’t do the end result justice. CASTLE’s unapologetic, commanding flow sounds custom-made for Has’s crisp beat, which features a subtle, yet effective sample. All in all, it’s the perfect example of how a
remix reproduction can be totally original. This cut is one of many fresh new takes to be found on Has’s Return of the Gasface (The Has-Lo Passages) project, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/26/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.