Normally, before I pen my feature blurb for a Booth newcomer, I take some time to get to know the artist and research what they’re all about. For emcee/producer CASTLE, however, I didn’t bother. After reading that he’s a signee of the ever-talented indie label, Mello Music Group, I just knew his new effort would be dope; I don’t think any MMG artist has ever submitted or released a whack record. On Krillz CASTLE continues this streak, dishing out some gritty, truth-hurts bars atop his own haunting production. With a rugged, strain-of-consciousness-esque flow delivers painfully poetic lines like, “older head on the ave, the crack had reduced him to frailty/ never spoke, but I heard his eyes tell me, ‘the system failed me.” For more authentic hip-hop, be sure to keep an eye out for CASTLE’s forthcoming album, GasFace, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Opium (Blueprint Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.