Normally, before I pen my feature blurb for a Booth newcomer, I take some time to get to know the artist and research what they’re all about. For emcee/producer CASTLE, however, I didn’t bother. After reading that he’s a signee of the ever-talented indie label, Mello Music Group, I just knew his new effort would be dope; I don’t think any MMG artist has ever submitted or released a whack record. On Krillz CASTLE continues this streak, dishing out some gritty, truth-hurts bars atop his own haunting production. With a rugged, strain-of-consciousness-esque flow delivers painfully poetic lines like, “older head on the ave, the crack had reduced him to frailty/ never spoke, but I heard his eyes tell me, ‘the system failed me.” For more authentic hip-hop, be sure to keep an eye out for CASTLE’s forthcoming album, GasFace, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Opium (Blueprint Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.