Normally, before I pen my feature blurb for a Booth newcomer, I take some time to get to know the artist and research what they’re all about. For emcee/producer CASTLE, however, I didn’t bother. After reading that he’s a signee of the ever-talented indie label, Mello Music Group, I just knew his new effort would be dope; I don’t think any MMG artist has ever submitted or released a whack record. On Krillz CASTLE continues this streak, dishing out some gritty, truth-hurts bars atop his own haunting production. With a rugged, strain-of-consciousness-esque flow delivers painfully poetic lines like, “older head on the ave, the crack had reduced him to frailty/ never spoke, but I heard his eyes tell me, ‘the system failed me.” For more authentic hip-hop, be sure to keep an eye out for CASTLE’s forthcoming album, GasFace, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Opium (Blueprint Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)