Way back in February of 2012, Cassow rolled out the Red Carpet for his grand entrance into The DJBooth. Then, as promising newcomers have an unfortunate tendency to do, he dropped off our radar. A year and change later, the Emerald City representative finally returns with feature number two, a freshly-released standout off his latest street album. On Oh Lord, Stewart Villain‘s brass samples, ramshackle percussion and scintillating synths back Cassow as he breathlessly chronicles his hustle. While the headliner’s forceful delivery makes an impression, it’s arguably guest spitter Danny Brown who steals the show, dominating the chaotic instrumental with bombastic ease. Oh Lord is just one of many bangers to be found on the headliner’s Cold Winter LP, available online as of last week.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)