I recently had the chance to fly first class. While the legroom and the free drinks) were nice, the ambiance was a little lacking. I think I would have enjoyed the experience more if Cassow‘s 1st Class was played over the intercom. Although this cut is a “hidden track” off the emcee’s recently released album, Cold Winter, I don’t expect it to remain hidden, with its grimy street and laid-back, underground style. Producer Reignstate’s winding, luxurious boardwork, sprinkled with some dope samples, keeps things mellow, but still provides the track the necessary power to make the flows of Cassow and company hit harder. Following the lead emcee’s opening verse are Clemm Rishad and Kurupt, who appear in that order, each bringing a similar style that is highlighted by their gritty, demonstrative flows that serve as a nice juxtaposition to the elegant beat. If you aren’t sold on freely downloading Cold Winter, perhaps Cass’ last Booth feature, Oh Lord, will sell you?
Written by Lucas G. on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.