I recently had the chance to fly first class. While the legroom and the free drinks) were nice, the ambiance was a little lacking. I think I would have enjoyed the experience more if Cassow‘s 1st Class was played over the intercom. Although this cut is a “hidden track” off the emcee’s recently released album, Cold Winter, I don’t expect it to remain hidden, with its grimy street and laid-back, underground style. Producer Reignstate’s winding, luxurious boardwork, sprinkled with some dope samples, keeps things mellow, but still provides the track the necessary power to make the flows of Cassow and company hit harder. Following the lead emcee’s opening verse are Clemm Rishad and Kurupt, who appear in that order, each bringing a similar style that is highlighted by their gritty, demonstrative flows that serve as a nice juxtaposition to the elegant beat. If you aren’t sold on freely downloading Cold Winter, perhaps Cass’ last Booth feature, Oh Lord, will sell you?
Written by Lucas G. on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.