I recently had the chance to fly first class. While the legroom and the free drinks) were nice, the ambiance was a little lacking. I think I would have enjoyed the experience more if Cassow‘s 1st Class was played over the intercom. Although this cut is a “hidden track” off the emcee’s recently released album, Cold Winter, I don’t expect it to remain hidden, with its grimy street and laid-back, underground style. Producer Reignstate’s winding, luxurious boardwork, sprinkled with some dope samples, keeps things mellow, but still provides the track the necessary power to make the flows of Cassow and company hit harder. Following the lead emcee’s opening verse are Clemm Rishad and Kurupt, who appear in that order, each bringing a similar style that is highlighted by their gritty, demonstrative flows that serve as a nice juxtaposition to the elegant beat. If you aren’t sold on freely downloading Cold Winter, perhaps Cass’ last Booth feature, Oh Lord, will sell you?
Written by Lucas G. on 05/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.