I recently had the chance to fly first class. While the legroom and the free drinks) were nice, the ambiance was a little lacking. I think I would have enjoyed the experience more if Cassow‘s 1st Class was played over the intercom. Although this cut is a “hidden track” off the emcee’s recently released album, Cold Winter, I don’t expect it to remain hidden, with its grimy street and laid-back, underground style. Producer Reignstate’s winding, luxurious boardwork, sprinkled with some dope samples, keeps things mellow, but still provides the track the necessary power to make the flows of Cassow and company hit harder. Following the lead emcee’s opening verse are Clemm Rishad and Kurupt, who appear in that order, each bringing a similar style that is highlighted by their gritty, demonstrative flows that serve as a nice juxtaposition to the elegant beat. If you aren’t sold on freely downloading Cold Winter, perhaps Cass’ last Booth feature, Oh Lord, will sell you?
Written by Lucas G. on 05/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.