I recently had the chance to fly first class. While the legroom and the free drinks) were nice, the ambiance was a little lacking. I think I would have enjoyed the experience more if Cassow‘s 1st Class was played over the intercom. Although this cut is a “hidden track” off the emcee’s recently released album, Cold Winter, I don’t expect it to remain hidden, with its grimy street and laid-back, underground style. Producer Reignstate’s winding, luxurious boardwork, sprinkled with some dope samples, keeps things mellow, but still provides the track the necessary power to make the flows of Cassow and company hit harder. Following the lead emcee’s opening verse are Clemm Rishad and Kurupt, who appear in that order, each bringing a similar style that is highlighted by their gritty, demonstrative flows that serve as a nice juxtaposition to the elegant beat. If you aren’t sold on freely downloading Cold Winter, perhaps Cass’ last Booth feature, Oh Lord, will sell you?
Written by Lucas G. on 05/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.