Press play. Just do it. That’s what I have to tell myself sometimes when a new song pops up from an artist with whom I’m not yet acquainted. Often I’m disappointed, but sometimes I press play and I’m instantly intrigued. I’m happy to
say write that this happened today, when I first listened to Definition by Atlanta newcomer Cassius Cain. Produced by DJ Camper, Definition sounds like what you’d get if you mixed production by TNGHT and 6 Foot 7 Foot as it features heavy snares as well as a sampled voice on loop. Cain impressively displays his vocabulary and familiarity with a thesaurus over the track as he spits nonstop for three minutes, keeping you waiting to hear what he’ll say next. So DJBooth readers, I suggest you take a second, press play, and introduce yourselves to Mr. Cain.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.