Press play. Just do it. That’s what I have to tell myself sometimes when a new song pops up from an artist with whom I’m not yet acquainted. Often I’m disappointed, but sometimes I press play and I’m instantly intrigued. I’m happy to
say write that this happened today, when I first listened to Definition by Atlanta newcomer Cassius Cain. Produced by DJ Camper, Definition sounds like what you’d get if you mixed production by TNGHT and 6 Foot 7 Foot as it features heavy snares as well as a sampled voice on loop. Cain impressively displays his vocabulary and familiarity with a thesaurus over the track as he spits nonstop for three minutes, keeping you waiting to hear what he’ll say next. So DJBooth readers, I suggest you take a second, press play, and introduce yourselves to Mr. Cain.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.