The 90’s were a very, very weird time for music videos. Then again, why not be as visually experimental as the music? Two decades later, singer and actress Cassie Steele hasn’t lost that spirit with her cover of Marcy Playground’s Sex and Candy. Cassie belts out the original lyrics, relying on the emotions over everything, with a new, industrial interpretation of the bare beat by Soraya LaPread. I also wouldn’t doubt that Cassie could pull off being the girl of interest in the original visuals in her platform double suede. For more from the Torontonian, you can stream her current single, MAD, which was featured at The DJBooth last month.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.