The 90’s were a very, very weird time for music videos. Then again, why not be as visually experimental as the music? Two decades later, singer and actress Cassie Steele hasn’t lost that spirit with her cover of Marcy Playground’s Sex and Candy. Cassie belts out the original lyrics, relying on the emotions over everything, with a new, industrial interpretation of the bare beat by Soraya LaPread. I also wouldn’t doubt that Cassie could pull off being the girl of interest in the original visuals in her platform double suede. For more from the Torontonian, you can stream her current single, MAD, which was featured at The DJBooth last month.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)