Let’s play Name That Artist! Canadian, a sound made for the radio, and had a big role Degrassi. No, not Drake, though that’s not a bad guess; we are actually talking about Cassie Steele. Coming out of nowhere with MAD, this Booth newcomer shows she can sing just as well as she can act, showcasing a style that is well beyond a Degrassi high school level. Based on Neff-U‘s energetic instrumental, you could call this pop. While the production is interesting, it is Manny’s—scratch that, Cassie’s impressive vocals that take center stage. She does an excellent job of sounding MAD, but sneaks in some upbeat pop vibes to keep the song’s energy and intoxicating aura at a fever pitch. There is no news on anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Steele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.