Let’s play Name That Artist! Canadian, a sound made for the radio, and had a big role Degrassi. No, not Drake, though that’s not a bad guess; we are actually talking about Cassie Steele. Coming out of nowhere with MAD, this Booth newcomer shows she can sing just as well as she can act, showcasing a style that is well beyond a Degrassi high school level. Based on Neff-U‘s energetic instrumental, you could call this pop. While the production is interesting, it is Manny’s—scratch that, Cassie’s impressive vocals that take center stage. She does an excellent job of sounding MAD, but sneaks in some upbeat pop vibes to keep the song’s energy and intoxicating aura at a fever pitch. There is no news on anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Steele’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.