Cassie is still alive? *BBM surprised face* While I have all kinds of emoticons to share about her more than two-year absence from the Booth, I’d rather spell it out: Cassie brings Fabolous on board for a trip down music memory lane with Radio. Found on Bad Boy‘s newest artist showcase mixtape The Preview, Cassie sings over a slightly modified version of Mobb Deep’s Shook Ones to help her cope with a lost somebody. While the beat reminds us of a better time in hip-hop history, Cassie brings a different mood to the mix, delivering a performance that got my foot tapping but doesn’t feel like enough to truly move anyone, even with a twist on the production by Soundzfire that gives her some leeway. Maybe she can get Mariah Carey to mentor her on how to truly belt out the notes over a rugged hip-hop beat like this. Or do I have it twisted? Either way, those curious can hear what else Diddy mapped out for the pop princess of Bad Boy on The Preview, released last week and also showcasing labelmates Machine Gun Kelly, Red Cafe and more.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.