Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
With the downright epic delays that have plagued Cassie‘s sophomore full-length, it seems like it’s going to take nothing short of a miracle to get the set onto Bad Boy‘s calendar. And what better time to make some magic happen than the lead-up to Valentine’s Day, when couples everywhere have romance on the brain and singletons (those who haven’t already resigned themselves to spending the holiday alone, anyway) are scrambling for last-minute dates? Official lead single King of Hearts finds the unofficial Mrs. “Puffy” Combs mining the timeless terrain of love and infatuation, rhapsodizing about a man who doesn’t play games with her heart, despite being well-schooled in the art of seduction. Over J2‘s pulsing, synth-laced four-on-the-floor rhythm, the singer offers the dude in question an open invitation to claim her love: “If you’re wit’ it, come and get it.” Catchy melody, amorous lyrical theme, club-ready beat… all the pieces seem to be in place for a hit, but do they fit together? Debate away. Those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to an official video this Tuesday—just in time to set the mood for your own V-Day festivities.
Written by richard on 02/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.