Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
With the downright epic delays that have plagued Cassie‘s sophomore full-length, it seems like it’s going to take nothing short of a miracle to get the set onto Bad Boy‘s calendar. And what better time to make some magic happen than the lead-up to Valentine’s Day, when couples everywhere have romance on the brain and singletons (those who haven’t already resigned themselves to spending the holiday alone, anyway) are scrambling for last-minute dates? Official lead single King of Hearts finds the unofficial Mrs. “Puffy” Combs mining the timeless terrain of love and infatuation, rhapsodizing about a man who doesn’t play games with her heart, despite being well-schooled in the art of seduction. Over J2‘s pulsing, synth-laced four-on-the-floor rhythm, the singer offers the dude in question an open invitation to claim her love: “If you’re wit’ it, come and get it.” Catchy melody, amorous lyrical theme, club-ready beat… all the pieces seem to be in place for a hit, but do they fit together? Debate away. Those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to an official video this Tuesday—just in time to set the mood for your own V-Day festivities.
Written by richard on 02/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.