Despite a two-year wait and several buzz singles (see Official Girl), Cassie‘s sophomore album has yet to receive a title or release date. To any fans hoping to badger Bad Boy into dropping the album already, it won’t do any good; a release date will only be announced once one of the singles makes a strong impact at radio. Hoping the fourth time’s the charm, Cassie’s released yet another. Wondering why a certain man makes her weak in the knees, the singer’s come to the conclusion that it Must Be Love. If you can get past all the tabloid/blog rumors, you’ll notice that Diddy‘s opening and closing verses are a great complement to Cassie’s vocals, as is in-house producer Mario Winans’ smooth guitar beat. Must Be Love should be an instant hit with the longtime Bad Boy fans, but does it have enough modern appeal to achieve the goal mentioned above?
Fans can check out a behind-the-scenes video of the Must Be Love studio session here.
Written by Burmy on 03/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.