Despite a two-year wait and several buzz singles (see Official Girl), Cassie‘s sophomore album has yet to receive a title or release date. To any fans hoping to badger Bad Boy into dropping the album already, it won’t do any good; a release date will only be announced once one of the singles makes a strong impact at radio. Hoping the fourth time’s the charm, Cassie’s released yet another. Wondering why a certain man makes her weak in the knees, the singer’s come to the conclusion that it Must Be Love. If you can get past all the tabloid/blog rumors, you’ll notice that Diddy‘s opening and closing verses are a great complement to Cassie’s vocals, as is in-house producer Mario Winans’ smooth guitar beat. Must Be Love should be an instant hit with the longtime Bad Boy fans, but does it have enough modern appeal to achieve the goal mentioned above?
Fans can check out a behind-the-scenes video of the Must Be Love studio session here.
Written by Burmy on 03/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.