Despite a two-year wait and several buzz singles (see Official Girl), Cassie‘s sophomore album has yet to receive a title or release date. To any fans hoping to badger Bad Boy into dropping the album already, it won’t do any good; a release date will only be announced once one of the singles makes a strong impact at radio. Hoping the fourth time’s the charm, Cassie’s released yet another. Wondering why a certain man makes her weak in the knees, the singer’s come to the conclusion that it Must Be Love. If you can get past all the tabloid/blog rumors, you’ll notice that Diddy‘s opening and closing verses are a great complement to Cassie’s vocals, as is in-house producer Mario Winans’ smooth guitar beat. Must Be Love should be an instant hit with the longtime Bad Boy fans, but does it have enough modern appeal to achieve the goal mentioned above?
Fans can check out a behind-the-scenes video of the Must Be Love studio session here.
Written by Burmy on 03/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.