When he released Cassie‘s Must Be Love this past March, Diddy immediately declared it a “Bad Boy Classic.” The self-proclaimed “inventor of the remix” clearly knew what he was talking about, as the downtempo, Mario Winans-produced cut has now received its own star-studded overhaul. After Busta Rhymes brings a little low-volume, What’s It Gonna Be?! / I Know What You Want-style energy, new Bad Boy signee Red Cafe heightens the mood with a smooth second verse. The remix’s strongest moments, though, come courtesy of Day26, whose smooth vocals will have listeners thinking “112.” Hopefully, the success of this old-school cut will inspire Diddy to take a similar direction with his entire roster’s work, starting with Cassie’s upcoming sophomore album, which still has no title or release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.