When he released Cassie‘s Must Be Love this past March, Diddy immediately declared it a “Bad Boy Classic.” The self-proclaimed “inventor of the remix” clearly knew what he was talking about, as the downtempo, Mario Winans-produced cut has now received its own star-studded overhaul. After Busta Rhymes brings a little low-volume, What’s It Gonna Be?! / I Know What You Want-style energy, new Bad Boy signee Red Cafe heightens the mood with a smooth second verse. The remix’s strongest moments, though, come courtesy of Day26, whose smooth vocals will have listeners thinking “112.” Hopefully, the success of this old-school cut will inspire Diddy to take a similar direction with his entire roster’s work, starting with Cassie’s upcoming sophomore album, which still has no title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.