When he released Cassie‘s Must Be Love this past March, Diddy immediately declared it a “Bad Boy Classic.” The self-proclaimed “inventor of the remix” clearly knew what he was talking about, as the downtempo, Mario Winans-produced cut has now received its own star-studded overhaul. After Busta Rhymes brings a little low-volume, What’s It Gonna Be?! / I Know What You Want-style energy, new Bad Boy signee Red Cafe heightens the mood with a smooth second verse. The remix’s strongest moments, though, come courtesy of Day26, whose smooth vocals will have listeners thinking “112.” Hopefully, the success of this old-school cut will inspire Diddy to take a similar direction with his entire roster’s work, starting with Cassie’s upcoming sophomore album, which still has no title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.