When he released Cassie‘s Must Be Love this past March, Diddy immediately declared it a “Bad Boy Classic.” The self-proclaimed “inventor of the remix” clearly knew what he was talking about, as the downtempo, Mario Winans-produced cut has now received its own star-studded overhaul. After Busta Rhymes brings a little low-volume, What’s It Gonna Be?! / I Know What You Want-style energy, new Bad Boy signee Red Cafe heightens the mood with a smooth second verse. The remix’s strongest moments, though, come courtesy of Day26, whose smooth vocals will have listeners thinking “112.” Hopefully, the success of this old-school cut will inspire Diddy to take a similar direction with his entire roster’s work, starting with Cassie’s upcoming sophomore album, which still has no title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.