When he released Cassie‘s Must Be Love this past March, Diddy immediately declared it a “Bad Boy Classic.” The self-proclaimed “inventor of the remix” clearly knew what he was talking about, as the downtempo, Mario Winans-produced cut has now received its own star-studded overhaul. After Busta Rhymes brings a little low-volume, What’s It Gonna Be?! / I Know What You Want-style energy, new Bad Boy signee Red Cafe heightens the mood with a smooth second verse. The remix’s strongest moments, though, come courtesy of Day26, whose smooth vocals will have listeners thinking “112.” Hopefully, the success of this old-school cut will inspire Diddy to take a similar direction with his entire roster’s work, starting with Cassie’s upcoming sophomore album, which still has no title or release date.
Written by Burmy on 06/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.