For many the Balcony is a spot where you enjoy a nice glass of red wine after a long, hard day of work or get your BBQ on during the weekend, but for Cassie and Atlanta veteran Young Jeezy the Balcony is a setting for something far less innocent. According to the Bad Boy songbird’s newest single, to be quite blunt, it’s the place where they get their freak on. As expected, Balcony is a steamy record, which finds the Connecticut-born singer serenading the listener with her almost-sultry vocals as she shares the details of her outdoor rendezvous. Both the production from noted producer Rico Love and Jeezy’s rasp-driven verses make for the perfect addition to the semi-sensuous record. Prior to the release of Balcony, Cassie had been M.I.A. for quite a few months, but the singer fully plans on making up for it with both a music video for Balcony and her Rock A Bye Baby mixtape, both of which are due out later this month.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Somtimes ft. Ryan Leslie" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.