For those who missed our earlier lesson on the differences between Northeast and Dirty South rap (in October, we demonstrated Baby Boy da Prince and Jae Millz each spitting over the same Mannie Fresh beat), the DJBooth is proud to present the second class in our course. Last November, Rocko released his Drumma Boy-produced debut single, Umma Do Me, which, despite lackluster lyricism, landed the Atlanta native a deal with So So Def/Island Def Jam. Now, several months later, Philadelphia MC (and infinitely better lyricist) Cassidy has made his own freestyle version entitled Umma True G. While his verses easily fit the beat, The Hustla illustrates much greater skill in his bars, with variation between different speeds and rhyme patterns along the way.
Listen to More: Cassidy
Written by Burmy on 04/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.