When Cassidy released his hit single, My Drink n My 2 Step, last year, both he and his label had very high hopes for the release of his third studio album, B.A.R.S.. After the album dropped, however, only Innocent Man was released as a single and with little promotion the song failed at radio. With an elevated level of faith in his religion, which is clearly stressed throughout all of his newest records, Cassidy explains how he almost Lost It All on this new unreleased track. Rather than use his near-death and prison experiences as an excuse for lackluster emcee work, records like Lost It All showcase a sense of renewed passion for the craft. Though nothing has been confirmed by his label, J Records, Cassidy has informed DJBooth that he plans to release his fourth studio album, tentatively self-titled, before the end of this calendar year.
Listen to More: Cassidy
Written by DJ Z on 06/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.