When Cassidy released his hit single, My Drink n My 2 Step, last year, both he and his label had very high hopes for the release of his third studio album, B.A.R.S.. After the album dropped, however, only Innocent Man was released as a single and with little promotion the song failed at radio. With an elevated level of faith in his religion, which is clearly stressed throughout all of his newest records, Cassidy explains how he almost Lost It All on this new unreleased track. Rather than use his near-death and prison experiences as an excuse for lackluster emcee work, records like Lost It All showcase a sense of renewed passion for the craft. Though nothing has been confirmed by his label, J Records, Cassidy has informed DJBooth that he plans to release his fourth studio album, tentatively self-titled, before the end of this calendar year.
Written by DJ Z on 06/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.