When Cassidy released his hit single, My Drink n My 2 Step, last year, both he and his label had very high hopes for the release of his third studio album, B.A.R.S.. After the album dropped, however, only Innocent Man was released as a single and with little promotion the song failed at radio. With an elevated level of faith in his religion, which is clearly stressed throughout all of his newest records, Cassidy explains how he almost Lost It All on this new unreleased track. Rather than use his near-death and prison experiences as an excuse for lackluster emcee work, records like Lost It All showcase a sense of renewed passion for the craft. Though nothing has been confirmed by his label, J Records, Cassidy has informed DJBooth that he plans to release his fourth studio album, tentatively self-titled, before the end of this calendar year.
Listen to More: Cassidy Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.