When Cassidy released his hit single, My Drink n My 2 Step, last year, both he and his label had very high hopes for the release of his third studio album, B.A.R.S.. After the album dropped, however, only Innocent Man was released as a single and with little promotion the song failed at radio. With an elevated level of faith in his religion, which is clearly stressed throughout all of his newest records, Cassidy explains how he almost Lost It All on this new unreleased track. Rather than use his near-death and prison experiences as an excuse for lackluster emcee work, records like Lost It All showcase a sense of renewed passion for the craft. Though nothing has been confirmed by his label, J Records, Cassidy has informed DJBooth that he plans to release his fourth studio album, tentatively self-titled, before the end of this calendar year.
Written by DJ Z on 06/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.