It’s hard to believe coming from a man who once metaphorically murdered Freeway in a battle and literally faced murder charges, but Philadelphia emcee Cassidy has taken a turn for the positive. The man’s last single Drumma Bass was a feel good party jam, and for his latest effort he’s put down the kush (and Patron) and decided to instead simply get High Off Life...kind of. With producer Vinylz bringing in elements of dancehall percussion, along with some good old fashioned east coast sirens, on the beat, Cassidy jumps on board for some somewhat confusing rhymes that are as hard and pimping (and ‘90s reference heavy) as ever, a NSFW stance that doesn’t seem to jive with the reggae soaked vocals of Jr. Reid, the Caribbean hookman best known for Game’s One Blood. Is the title ironic? Or does Cass indeed do his best shooting and f**king stone cold sober? Maybe DJBooth nation can sort things out for me. If you’re feeling intoxicated by this sky high anthem, be sure to check out Cassidy’s upcoming, independently distributed album, C.A.S.H. (Cass Always Stays Hard), when it hits stores everywhere on November 16.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.