It’s hard to believe coming from a man who once metaphorically murdered Freeway in a battle and literally faced murder charges, but Philadelphia emcee Cassidy has taken a turn for the positive. The man’s last single Drumma Bass was a feel good party jam, and for his latest effort he’s put down the kush (and Patron) and decided to instead simply get High Off Life...kind of. With producer Vinylz bringing in elements of dancehall percussion, along with some good old fashioned east coast sirens, on the beat, Cassidy jumps on board for some somewhat confusing rhymes that are as hard and pimping (and ‘90s reference heavy) as ever, a NSFW stance that doesn’t seem to jive with the reggae soaked vocals of Jr. Reid, the Caribbean hookman best known for Game’s One Blood. Is the title ironic? Or does Cass indeed do his best shooting and f**king stone cold sober? Maybe DJBooth nation can sort things out for me. If you’re feeling intoxicated by this sky high anthem, be sure to check out Cassidy’s upcoming, independently distributed album, C.A.S.H. (Cass Always Stays Hard), when it hits stores everywhere on November 16.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come N Get Me ft. Cassidy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.